Saturday, January 30, 2010

Feel The Spin Playlist, Jaunary 31st...

Hour 1
(Brand-new/current songs. My obsession with all things Dan Black continues, while I'm particularly fond of the flow of the final three songs of the hour)

Heartbreak Warfare - John Mayer
Money - Matt Morris
Symphonies - Dan Black
Alone - Dan Black
Rocket - Goldfrapp
Stylo - Gorillaz
Never Gonna Give In - Michaela Wright
One More Lie (Standing In The Shadows) - Craig David
Run To You - Oh Fibes with Kim Wilde
Into the Clouds - Sound of Arrows
Hello World - Lady Antebellum
Calm Under the Waves - Maria Mena
I See You - Mika

Hour 2
(I spent some time recently wandering around the Lower East Side of Manhattan, an area where I spent a LOT of time as a college student. As I walked around, I listened to Patti Smith's elegant, yet tortured "Horses" album over and over. I started with a couple of her songs in building this hour, and then the memories flooded my brain... along with the rest of the hour. I love this hour because it reminds me of a time in my life when I was more brave and daring... and even reckless. I need more of that in my current life. Do you?)

My Generation - The Who
Angel - Fleetwood Mac
You Love The Thunder - Jackson Browne
Even The Losers - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Starman - David Bowie
I Wanna Be Your Dog - Iggy Pop & the Stooges
So You Wanna Be A Rock & Roll Star - Patti Smith Group
Gloria - Patti Smith Group
Sweet Jane - The Velvet Underground
Meeting Across the River - Bruce Springsteen

Hour 3
(This hour started with my desire to play the new David Byrne/Fatboy Slim collaboration. From there, I started tapping into that songs dreamy aspects, as well as it's R&B texture. The rest of the hour came easily. I had particular fun rediscovering Ruthie Foster's "Heal Yourself." What a brilliant song)

A Loaded Smile - Adam Lambert
Heal Yourself - Ruthie Foster
This Girl - Levi Kreis
Please Don't - David Byrne and Fatboy Slim with Santigold
Paradise Circus - Massive Attack
Live Forever - Matt Morris
Red - Daniel Merriweather
Like A Virgin (Live at Sirius XM) - Kiki
Like A Prayer (Hope for Haiti Now) - Madonna
Hard Times (Hope for Haiti Now) - Mary J. Blige
Above The Clouds (Live at Sirius XM) - Cyndi Lauper
Love - Sugarland

Hour 4
(My favorite kind of disco is romantic.)

Come To Me - France Joli
Once Upon A Time (Theme) - Donna Summer
Rumour Has It/I Love You - Donna Summer
Romeo & Juliet - Alec Constandinos
Magic Bird of Fire - The Salsoul Orchestra
More Than A Woman - The Bee Gees
Pow Wow - Cory Daye
Dreamin' - Loleatta Holloway
Touch and Go - Ecstacy, Passion & Pain
From New York to L.A. - Patsy Gallant

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you missed listing Alec R. Costandinos - Romeo & Juliet right after Donna Summer and before Salsoul Orchestra! Loved today's show... completely awesome. I'm actually listening to it buffered on my Sirius radio and the Salsoul Orchestra JUST started. :D

    ReplyDelete