Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feel The Spin Playlist, February 14th...

Hour 1
(Brand-new/current releases. I am absolutely crazy about the Coldwater Jane track. It just feels like a spring morning to me. Also, "This Momentary" conjures so many fond memories of college life for me. As it plays, I'm right back at the Cellar Bar in the Student Union at Queens College, sipping cheap beer and eating pizza with my friends.)

Bring On The Love - Coldwater Jane
Animal Master - Neon Trees
This Momentary - Dephic
Under The Sheets - Ellie Goulding
Please Don't - David Byrne and Fatboy Slim with Santigold
Symphonies - Dan Black
Story Of A Heart - Benny Andersson Band
I See You - Mika
All About Me - Hugh Sheridan
Money - Matt Morris
You Are - Todd Alsup

Hour 2
(A rare interview with the legendary Roberta Flack. A planned 15-minute chat became 40. Her stories are luxuriously long and wonderfully vivid. What an delicious, unexpected treat. She looks luminous and not nearly all of her 73 years of life. I have to admit, though, it was funny to watch her slip and slide out of her chair the entire time. Her grandson was there to help her keep steady. She never lost her storytelling focus)

Where Is The Love - Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway
A conversation with Roberta Flack
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
Do What Ya Gotta Do - Roberta Flack
Show And Tell - Al Wilson

Hour 3
(Music to get your body moving, part one. Ever since I started working out in January, I've been getting lots of requests for good exercise music. I thought this would be a great opportunity to bring my dear friend and trainer Gonzalo Garcia from www.fullthrottlefitnessnyc.com to swap song ideas. We had a BLAST doing this. We'll be doing it again, for sure)

Speakerphone (Steve Anderson Mix) - Kylie Minogue
Hush Hush (I Will Survive Mix) - The Pussycat Dolls
When Love Takes Over - David Guetta with Kelly Rowland
Take It Off - Ke$ha
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Abigail
My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
Somebody Told Me - The Killers
Untouched - The Veronicas
Major Tom (Coming Home) - Shiny Toy Guns
Le Disko - Shiny Toy Guns
Strut - Adam Lambert
Million Dollar Bill - Whitney Houston

Hour 4
(Music to get your body movie, part two... with Gonzalo Garcia)

Do Somethin' - Britney Spears
Heavy Cross - The Gossip
Umbrella - Manic Street Preachers
Sober - Pink
I Like The Way - Bodyrockers
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Teeth - Lady Gaga
Love Song - Madonna and Prince
Heartburn - Alicia Keys
Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment