Sunday, January 3, 2010

Feel The Spin Playlist, January 3rd...

Hour 1
(Brand-new/current releases. I'm particularly excited about Dan Black and Marina & the Diamonds. I believe they're going to have a spectacular 2010.)

You've Got The Love - Florence + the Machine
I Want It All - Dangerous Muse
U+Me= - Dan Black
Symphonies - Dan Black
Starstruck - Robbie Williams
Fearless Love - Melissa Etheridge
Hell - Tegan & Sara
Don't Waste The Pretty - Allison Iraheta
Pick U Up - Adam Lambert
Make U Love Me - Robin Thicke
I Am Not A Robot - Marina & the Diamonds
Wild Horses (In the Club Mix) - Susan Boyle
A Strange Arrangement - Mayer Hawthorne

Hour 2
(I started out wondering how I could logically play the hip-hop "Lose Yourself" and the acoustic-country "Vapor" in the same hour. Oddly, they keep coming up consecutively on my iPod shuffle lately. I started randomly throwing songs together between the two. Somewhere between "Rebel Rebel" and "Last to Die," I found a link: The risks of following your dream versus the dreams that might never come to light. How do you reconcile the two, as well as the substitutes you find? For me, that was to be a rock star. Suddenly, it made sense. At least to me.)

I'm With The Band - Little Big Town
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
The Man Who Sold The World
Return To Oz - Scissor Sisters
Last To Die - Bruce Springsteen
Horseshoes And Handgrenades - Green Day
Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
Lightning Crashes - Live
Sexual Healing - Soul Asylum
Vapor - Little Big Town

Hour 3
(I have been seriously stuck on "Welcome To The Black Parade" lately. It's so epic. So operatic. Then I saw a YouTube clip of Adam Lambert singing "Soaked" on New Year's Eve. Rock theatre! I finished the thought with my ultimate Queen song. From there, I tapped into the idea of stepping outside the lines of acceptability. My college years were fueled by that notion. Where did it go? How do I bring it back? By addressing your fears and life-baggage. From there, it's possible... I hope)

Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
Soaked - Adam Lambert
Somebody To Love - Queen
I'm Gonna DJ - R.E.M.
Dialect - Siobhan Donaghy
Shake Your Kitty - Lady Gaga
Second Chance - Boy George
Satan's Butterfly Ball - Boy George
Love - John Lennon
Perfect (Acoustic) - Alanis Morissette
Come Undone - Robbie Williams
Turn - Travis

Hour 4
(Trippin' the disco fantastic, '80s-style... and paying tribute to the brilliant Chuck The Jock)

Hit That Perfect Beat - Bronski Beat
My Arms Keep Missing You - Rick Astley
I Heard A Rumour - Bananarama
Something In My House - Dead Or Alive
Too Many Broken Hearts - Jason Donovan
There's More To Love - The Communards
Let Me Go - Heaven 17
Shattered Glass - Laura Branigan
What Do I Have To Do - Kylie Minogue
Coming Out Of Hiding - Pamela Stanley
Right On Target - Paul Parker
Time After Time - Paul Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment