Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feel The Spin Playlist, February 28th...

Hour 1
(Brand-new/current releases. I am full-on addicted to "The Sunshine Song." It's becoming my go-to tune when I need to smile. Also, I'm so late on the Orianthi song, but I am LOVING it. It was the anthem to my past week.)

The Sunshine Song - The Candle Thieves
Rude Boy - Rihanna
Up Out My Face - Mariah Carey
Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz
I'm Not Mad - Alex Gardner
No Hassle - Robyn
Moving Parts - Mr. Fogg
According to You - Orianthi
If I Had You - Adam Lambert
Let's Have A Party - Todd Alsup
Stylo - Gorillaz
City Won't Sleep - Steve Appleton
Red - Daniel Merriweather

Hour 2
(I started out wanting to play the new Robbie Williams single, which I think is easily one of his best. Then, I found myself experimenting with other songs. When I got to "Rockferry," I zeroed in on my favorite lyric from that song: "A bag of songs and a heavy heart" From there, I played with the kind of songs we carry in our minds and reach for when we have a heavy heart. The hour evolved from there. I love the full-circle/get-over-yourself moment at the end. I have to also note that there are some moments that I'm especially proud of this hour, particularly between "Hometown Glory" and "Cruz." I am so grateful that I get to do the radio of my dreams every week without interference.)

Morning Sun - Robbie Williams
Rockferry - Duffy
Hometown Glory - Adele
Cruz - Christina Aguilera
Mississippi Valentine - Kara DioGuardi
Human Touch - Bruce Springsteen
Don't Let Me Get Me - Pink
Field-Trip Buddy - Matt Alber
Live Forever - Matt Morris
Want To - Sugarland
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
The Remedy (I Won't Worry) - Jason Mraz

Hour 3
(I've gotten lots of requests to replay my recent interview with Roberta Flack. How could I resist? :) She was extraordinary to talk with. Plus, I get to play two of favorite softer songs by Sade and Corinne Bailey Rae at the end of the hour)

Where Is The Love - Roberta Flack
A conversation with Roberta Flack
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
Babyfather - Sade
I'd Do It All Again - Corinne Bailey Rae

Hour 4
(Trippin' the disco fantastic. It was big fun to play El Coco and Love De-Luxe after such a long time!)

Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton
Hot Stuff/Bad Girls Suite - Donna Summer
Love Hangover - Diana Ross
Mondo Disco - El Coco
Here Comes That Sound Again - Love De-Luxe
That's Where The Happy People Go - The Trammps
Good Times - Chic
Souveniers - Voyage

No comments:

Post a Comment