Saturday, April 24, 2010

Feel The Spin, April 25th...

Hour 1
(Brand-new/current releases. I'm definitely feeling the synth-pop right now, especially Hot Chip, Bright Light, Bright Light, and Adam Tyler. They all take me back to my college days of the '80s. Such a fun time in my life.)

Wanna Be A Star - The James Boyd Band
This Ain't A Love Song - Scouting For Girls
Isn't It Obvious - Erik Hassle
I Feel Better - Hot Chip
Strong - Bailey Tzuke
Strobelight - Kimberley Locke
Not Myself Tonight (Deeper & Deeper Mix) - Christina Aguilera
A New Word To Say - Bright Light, Bright Light
Committed - Adam Tyler
Congratulations - MGMT
Once - Diana Vickers
Stairway To Heaven - Mary J. Blige

Hour 2
(I loved talking with Adam Young. He is such a direct, humble, charming young man. I'm also thrilled that I get to play the amazing new Green Day and Hole tracks ahead of most people. Yes, I'm competitive like that!)

Fireflies -Owl City
A chat with Adam Young aka Owl City
The Bird And The Worm - Owl City
Long Way To Go - Liam Finn
When It's Time - Green Day
Pacific Coast Highway - Hole
Letter To God - Hole
I Don't Believe You - Pink
Field-Trip Buddy - Matt Alber
Best Days - Matt White
Never Gonna Give In - Michaela Wright

Hour 3
(I could not resist replaying my chat with Kara. She's so special. Also, listen closely to "Autobiography." Even though I definitely know it's not, I'd swear that every word of that song is about me. Love that!)

Happiness - Kara DioGuardi
A conversation with Kara DioGuardi
When We Met - Kara DioGuardi
I Do Not Hook Up - Kelly Clarkson
Autobiography - Ashlee Simpson

Hour 4
(Trippin' the disco fantastic. Instead of '70s tunes, I felt inspired to play some dance music from the '80s. It all started when I realized how much the new Scissor Sisters track, "Invisible Light," sounds like Frankie's "Pleasuredome.")

Hit That Perfect Beat - Bronski Beat
Invisible Light - Scissor Sisters
Welcome To The Pleasuredome - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Something In My House - Dead Or Alive
Living In Oblivion - Anything Box
My Arms Keep Missing You - Rick Astley
Searching (I Gotta Find A Man) - Hazel Dean
Too Many Broken Hearts - Jason Donovan
I Heard A Rumour - Bananarama
Male Stripper - Man 2 Man

No comments:

Post a Comment