Saturday, May 8, 2010

Feel The Spin Playlist, May 10th...

Hour 1
(Brand-new music/current releases. These songs reflect my mood right now: Bright and UP and vibrant. I love the new Keane material. Such a fun surprise. And I am LOVING the songs by Bright Light Bright Light, Penguin Prison, and Bailey Tzuke.)

U + Me = - Dan Black
A New Word To Say - Bright Light Bright Light
Something About You - The Bleach Works
Commander - Kelly Rowland
Call On Me - Andy Bell
The Worse It Gets - Penguin Prison
Your Love - Keane
Looking Back - Keane with K'naan
Strong - Bailey Tzuke
Invisible Light - Scissor Sisters
Attention - Wideband Network
Congratulations - MGMT
Once - Diana Vickers

Hour 2
(Full disclosure: I was apprehensive about talking with Chely Wright. I had a mildly bad attitude about an artist seemingly past her sales prime using the revelation of her true self as a promotional tool for a comeback. Then I walked into the room and talked with Chely.... without prejudice and with respect. She answered every hard question directly. She never broke eye contact. I totally understand her journey now, and I adore her. I am so proud of this interview.)

Broken - Chely Wright
A conversation with Chely Wright
Shadows Of Doubt - Chely Wright
Heavenly Days - Chely Wright
Into The Fire - Bruce Springsteen

Hour 3
(I have always been a fan of Mary Chapin Carpenter. She is my personal definition of a modern-day poet and philosopher. Then we nearly lost her several years ago to heart problems. I didn't think we'd ever get new music from her again. Surprise! She's made the most glorious album, "The Age of Miracles." I leapt at the chance to speak with her. We didn't just have a great interview, we connected. Our hearts touched. I found a kindred spirit in Mary Chapin.)

I Put My Ring Back On - Mary Chapin Carpenter
A conversation with Mary Chapin Carpenter
I Have A Need For Soliture - Mary Chapin Carpenter
The Way I Feel - Mary Chapin Carpenter
You're The Reason Why - Lonestar
A chat with the members of Lonestar
Party Heard Around The World - Lonestar
This Fucking Job - Drive-By Truckers

Hour 4
(Tripping the disco fantastic.)

Behind The Groove - Teena Marie
Heartbeat - Taana Gardner
Car Wash - Rose Royce
Brazil - The Ritchie Family
Born To Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez
Keep On Dancing - Gary's Gang
Keep On Jumping - Musique
Try Me, I Know We Can Make It - Donna Summer
Ten Percent - Double Exposure
Magic Bird Of Fire - The Salsoul Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment