Sunday, August 8, 2010

Feel The Spin Playlist, August 8th...

FEEL THE SPIN airs on Sirius 109/XM 98 radio every Sunday at 2pm ET/11am PT/7pm UK, with a replay the same day at 9pm ET/6pm PT/2am Monday UK.

Hour 1
(Brand-new/current releases. There are so many songs that I'm excited about right now that I can't single anything out this week. Just luxuriate in all of them. They are gorgeous for so many different reasons.)

American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem
The Diamond Church Street Choir - The Gaslight Anthem
Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland
Mine - Taylor Swift
Pack Up - Eliza Doolittle
All Time Low - The Wanted
Guillotine - Yadi
Like A G-6 - FM
Hang With Me - Robyn
Love Part II - Bright Light Bright Light
Middle Distance Runner - Chicane with Adam Young
One (Wawa Mix) - Sky Ferreira
Eleven Days - David Byrne and Fatboy Slim with Cyndi Lauper

Hour 2
(It's been several years since I last spoke with KT. I liked her instantly last time. She was brash and aggressive and no-bullshit. She still has those traits, but she's also more centered, more serene. Her intensity comes from confidence now, not insecurity. Love that.)

Fade Like A Shadow - KT Tunstall
A conversation with KT Tunstall
Suddenly I See (Live at Sirius XM) - KT Tunstall
To Sir, With Love (Live) - Michael Stipe and Natalie Merchant
Sing Me To Sleep - Fran Healy with Neko Case
Dog Days Are Over - Florence and the Machine
Come Undone - Robbie Williams
Make You Feel My Love - Adele

Hour 3
(It's funny to me now how super-shy Andy Bell was when we first met so many years ago. It's also funny to me how terrified I was to speak with him. I was a diehard fan of Erasure, and Andy was my equivalent to Adam Lambert for so many these days. He epitomized fearlessness and a willingness to be himself, despite the fact that the world wasn't particularly interested in someone SO gay. What is funniest to me now is that Andy and I are actual friends. We talk off-mic regularly. He's a dear fellow. Funny, irreverent, and anything but shy. I adore him.)

Call On Me - Andy Bell
A conversation with Andy Bell
Touch - Andy Bell
Honey, If You Love Him - Andy Bell with Perry Farrell
Head Rush - Ollie Wride
White Room (The Art Remix) - The Dirty Disco
Any Which Way - Scissor Sisters
Close To You - The Venue Stare

Hour 4
(Trippin' the disco fantatic, with a funk flava!)

Behind The Groove - Teena Marie
Disco Nights (Rock-Freak) -GQ
Love Rollercoaster - The Ohio Players
Brick House - The Commodores
Whodunit - Tavares
Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel - Tavares
That's Where The Happy People Go - The Trammps
Runaway - Linda Clifford
Dreaming - Loleatta Holloway
Pow Wow - Cory Daye
Forbidden Love - Madleen Kane

1 comment: