Sunday, August 15, 2010

Feel The Spin Playlist, August 15th...

FEEL THE SPIN airs on Sirius 109/XM 98 radio every Sunday at 2pm ET/11am PT/7pm UK, with a replay the same day at 9pm ET/6pm PT/2am Monday UK.

Hour 1
(Brand-new/current releases. It's all about Bright Light Bright Light for me right now. Rod Thomas, the act's mastermind, is giving me fond '80s flashbacks, but he's also keeping me grounded in the here and now. I love that he can do it. It's proof that someone is still capable of that kind of unabashed pop musical glee - and, no, I'm not referring to the increasingly tired TV show!)

Summer Song - Leddra Chapman
Beautiful Monster - Ne-Yo with Lady Gaga
DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love (Jump Smokers Mix) - Usher
Love Part II - Bright Light Bright Light
Cry At Films - Bright Light Bright Light
All Time Low - The Wanted
Last Ones Standing - Example
Our Summer - Dragonette
Get Outta My Way - Kylie Minogue
Breathe - Ryan Star
Without You - Alex Band
Lying - Amy Meredith Band

Hour 2
(I have had a crush on Fran Healy for the longest time. His blue eyes, sensitive spirit, and cute giggle are disarming. His first solo album, "Wreckorder," is everything I wanted it to be.)

Buttercups - Fran Healy
A conversation with Fran Healy
Sing Me To Sleep - Fran Healy with Neko Case
Anything - Fran Healy
Secrets - OneRepublic
The Reason Why - Little Big Town
The Diamond Church Street Choir - The Gaslight Anthem
Shine - Anna Nalick

Hour 3
(Robyn is a tough chick to interview. She is SMART, and she has that "I'm not in the mood for fools" demeanor that can be intimidating. She and I have talked a bunch of times over the years, and I have enormous affection for her, including the fact that she makes me work HARD in our interviews. I was actually a little thrown by how uniquely relaxed and almost giggly she was during this most recent visit. She is undeniably in a happy, happy place.)

Dancing On My Own - Robyn
A conversation with Robyn
Hang With Me - Robyn
Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do - Robyn
White Room (The Art Remix) - The Dirty Disco
Like A G-6 - FM
C.L.U.B. - MNDR
Brave - Kelis
Real Close (Tony Moran/Guiesseppe D. Mix) - Danielle Staub
Saturday Night - Basshunter

Hour 4
(Trippin' the disco fantastic)

Come To Me - France Joli
MacArthur Park Suite - Donna Summer with Brooklyn Dreams
Take Me Home - Cher
The Boss - Diana Ross
Found A Cure - Ashford and Simpson
Vertigo/Relight My Fire - Dan Hartman
Hit N' Run - Loleatta Holloway

No comments:

Post a Comment